With Genesys’ flagship customer event re-launching this year as Xperience, it was more important than ever to create an impact, with record-breaking attendance, a bigger and better Expo, and a cutting-edge General Session space!
We were asked to:
- Design a General Session AV production to display versatile, high-impact content.
- Conceptualise an all-new “Expo” that replaced the Pavilion of previous years, encompassing sponsor stands, demo booths, interactive areas, lounges, swag shops and much more.
- Work with the education and marketing teams to conceive a breakout programme that was “less PowerPoint and more activity”!
- Ensure engagement remained high through every event area, from registration, to sessions, to mealtimes.
- Ensure consistency of brand across all content, whilst creating an entirely unique feel for this event.
- Create an opening experience to start the event with a bang, and support Genesys in sourcing other external speakers and entertainment.
- Provide full service production management and show-team for every element of the event.
How we did it...
With such a variety of content to cater for, we created an entirely digital set & scenic design comprising of a 56 metre wide wall-to-wall LED screen mapped from our media server, allowing for ever-changing themes, multiple configurations and really providing the “wow” effect when attendees walked into the room.
As we were based close to the beautiful Rockies, we dressed the Expo with a “Colorado Garden” theme, with a mixture of real trees, flowers and outdoor elements combined with sweeping scenic forest imagery throughout.
We worked closely with sponsors to provide unique new booth configurations, as well as upgrading the shop, customer and developer lounge areas from previous years, and conceptualising a bespoke interactive demo theatre to showcase new Genesys products, resulting in greater contact time and footfall in the Genesys areas than ever before.
By breakout out the “screen and laptop” mould we supported breakout activities from fly-fishing to marshmallow toasting to skydiving, as well as offering a variety of configurations for more traditional content, including more round-tables, standing sessions and interactive panels.
We worked with Genesys and the logistics partners to create a seamless experience, using app notifications and updating digital signage to deliver messages throughout the event, and encouraging movement and attendance to different sessions with giveaways and chances to talk to and meet with speakers.
Our producers worked directly with the Genesys creative team to develop their event brand to suit the ultra-wide General Session screen whilst retaining consistency with the rest of the venue.
For the opening experience we created a “megamix” style track and had it arranged for a 12 piece orchestra who performed on stage whilst a “through the ages” bespoke 10:1 opening video we devised and worked with Genesys to design played in the background.
We added to our regular show team to include a dedicated speaker manager and additional media operator, allowing a more fluid rehearsal and show process than ever before.